Tuesday, December 31, 2013

New Years Eve

Spent a couple of hours in Kramer hide this morning. While there I saw a couple of Sparrowhawks displaying over the Finger Lakes. Approx. 35 Teals dropped in and 11 of those showed well opposite the hide. There were at least 3m and 6f Shovelers showing on and off and I heard a Bullfinch and a Treecreeper somewhere close by.  The Kingfisher paid several visits but did not use the new perch so I had to make do with a much maligned subject:



This Cormorant spent quite a while fishing in front of the hide.



It even had a bit of salad with its fish. There is a fish in there if you look closely.



And finally it departed.

Mallard
The Mallard is another subject often taken for granted, what a beauty:


Aberrant Blackbird
And on my way back to the car I spotted this guy, an aberrant Blackbird. Unfortunately I couldn't get too close so just a record shot. It also had white patches on it's underside.

No comments: