Friday, February 08, 2008

Feeder prep 08/02

A spring like day! Went and filled the peanut feeders in prep for tomorrows net session. I wonder what we'll catch if it's as bright as this tomorrow???
Heard a snatch of Willow Warbler song (so I thought) between the Sedgewick seat and the concrete bridge. Further along the Long Hedge, I came across a Phyllosc calling; it had pale legs, no lower eyering and was decidedly "long". It looked just like an autumn Willlow to me. I followed it for a bit but it shot off towards the Navigation upstream of the old railway bridge. However, on my way back, I heard it calling again but I couldn't find it. There was a Chiff SINGING from near the Kramer Hide - so I gave up/in.
On Fingers - 10 L.Grebe, 1 pr GC Grebe, 3 male Shoveler, 2 pr Gadwall, 2 pr Teal & 3 Immature Herons. Moorhens in abundance. 2 Song Thrushes singing merrily away in conservation zone, plus Robins, Dunnocks, Wrens but no Blackbirds.

No comments: