Thursday, November 01, 2007

After Halloween




Thurs - mainly sunny but the wind got up. Tried to catch a rarity - but none about! Lol! Did manage 26 but half were retraps. Best birds - ad.male Gt.Spot, a Redwing, 2 young male Bullfinch, but the rest mostly tits. Would have had more Blackbirds but the wind combined with slack netting, holes in netting and feisty birds kept it down to just 2. Nearly made it 3, but the bird shat a humungous wadge all over my glasses and I lost it. After I regained vision and wiped my cheek clean, noticed that it was all over my cap, bins & gilet! Must have had a Halloween curry last night!!!!


For the third day running, had a Harlequin ladybird.
Light Sky Lark passage - stopped by 10:30.
Some Redpolls "buzzing" about, too.
Early pm - Chiff & Blackcap.

No comments: