Monday, March 19, 2007

Otters!

Dropped by the park this morning while out on my bike and decided to check on the Little Grebe nesting activity I had seen over the weekend. Instead I was treated to the sight of 2 Otters playing and feeding right in front of Kramer hide. I sat and watched them for 10-15 minutes before they swam out of site to the right of the hide. Then something caught my eye over to the left of the hide, another Otter was working the reeds along the island before finally swimming across in front of the hide and following the other two. A lot of calling could then be heard to the right of the hide so I left the hide to try and get another view. Finally got a glimpse of one Otter before it disappeared down a hole in the vicinity of the holt.

What a brilliant start to the day!

No comments: